¿What is the #NuevoPactoSocial?: five key points to better understand it
Due to the difficult situation that Chile is going through, which can be found throughout its different regions, the Futbol Más Foundation met with 400 other Civil Society Organizations (including foundations, corporations, and non-profit groups) to work on a proposal that will be heard by the different sectors that make up the State. The #NuevoPactoSocial seeks to answer the collective demands expressed by the citizens and, aided by Futbol Más’s expertise, to satiate the needs of the communities
Under the guise that by contributing as a team we can achieve the changes and improvements that the country requires after the social demands, the #NuevoPactoSocial is born. This movement seeks to establish connections between the Civil Society Organizations and public institutions in order to better understand the collective necessities and through this understanding discover, in depth, the work performed by these organizations which fight every day against exclusion, inequality, poverty, etc. The goal here is that with the expertise of the organizations the State might generate new changes and improvements to the social conditions experienced by Chileans.
Foundation Fútbol más tells you its five principal axes:
- First of all, to build a new social pact (#NuevoPactoSocial), civil society calls on all citizens and institutions to discuss and open a path to collective and historical solutions for the country.
- It is urgently requested to stop the repression and violation of rights in any of its forms, emphasizing the peaceful and violence-free demonstration.
- Rebuild the country, establishing social convergence in order to listen to the social demands of the most abandoned sectors, expressing the guarantees of free expression that all citizens possess.
- Democracy must be the main tool for decision-making, linking society and inviting it to participate in order to democratize power to represent Chilean society.
- Finally, leaders are invited to join this dialogue in a broad-minded way, working and understanding the social dialogue with a close and empathic approach.
For the various organizations, including Foundation Fútbol Más, it is very important to establish a dialogue between the diverse sectors, including communities, public institutions, and the private sector; and thus, give concrete solutions to the needs of Chileans.
14 de October de 2019
25 de September de 2019
9 de July de 2019